Brand development is all about finding a voice that best represents your brand and at the same time, a language that resonates with your target audience. The tricky aspect of developing this brand language is figuring out the variety of tones that make the most of the different social media platforms
This variance can not only help you gain consistency and reach on different platforms but also give your brand a holistic sense of personality increasing its consideration in the market. This blog will introduce you to the advantages and disadvantages of the 5 top social media platforms.
Table of contents:
Here are five major different social media platforms with their unique characteristics and marketing potential:
- Highest reach worldwide
- Best place to target 40 + year old demographic.
- Good sync with Instagram through Meta Business Suite.
- Brand tone: Informative yet entertaining
- Key performing channels: Facebook video feed
- Lacks reach in case of younger demographic.
- Too many tools to navigate: Business Manager, Business Meta Suite and Ads Manager.
- Questionable data management in the past.
- A high amount of bots, scams and data breaches.
- Great branding tools: highlights etc
- Best platform to target the 25 – 45 year old demographic.
- Fair opportunity platform: Followers on Instagram are not the most relevant key performing indicator for reaching engagement goals.
- Key performing channel: Instagram Reels
- Expensive ads
- Decrease in static organic reach to promote cost-based boost features
- Limited features for businesses
- Constant changes in algorithm: decreasing priority on hashtags etc
- Best place to target the 18 -25 year old demographic.
- Equal opportunity or chances to go viral.
- Creative & flexible brand language.
- Inexpensive ad tools
- Inaccurate tracking for ad analysis
- Data privacy issues
- Limited content options: Only video-based
- Best organic feed discover algorithm to reach targeted individuals.
- Most evolving organic feed algorithms to accommodate varied interests.
- Best place to use static images of products.
- Lacks efficient advertising tools
- Smaller user base compared to other platforms
- The best Business 2 Business platform
- Great way to grow a professional network
- Good competitive analysis tools
- Limited content options
- Expensive advertising
Depending on the business goals, each of these platforms can help you achieve the desired results. With social media platforms, sometimes it’s best to experiment with different tools and see what is the best combination that works for your brand.